Emerson & Knabe Mystery

LTpianoman LTpianoman@aol.com
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 00:36:33 EST

List,
I looked at an Emerson spinette today that has a serial # 247689. On the
inside side panel it says, distributed by Knabe. Well, Pierce Atlas only lists
Emersons until 1940 with #169000 for that year. Then it says to see Poole or
Ivers & Pond. Under these two names there is no mention of Emerson, and
besides, the serial numbers don't go up to 247689 anyway. What's the deal????
Does anyone know what Knabe has to do with Emerson? And why is there no cross
refference to Emerson from Knabe, Poole or Ivers & Pond? Please lift me out of
this fog...Thanks.
Larry Trischetta, Pocono Northeast Chapter
Scranton, Pa.