Tuning reply

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 19:21:44 -0700 (MST)

Hi David:

Perhaps I misunderstood you in the beginning. I tho't you were
originally discussing the Pure 5ths temperament which I wrote about
in a recent Journal. Apparently you are talking about plain ordinary
equal temperament. Your statement in that case is true as shown below.

What I was talking about was a system of tuning pure 5ths, not tempered
5ths, and octaves which have 1 bps or more to accommodate the pure 5ths
temperament, which in turn gives even more stretch to the
succeeding octaves.

Please forgive me for jumping to an erroneous conclusion as far as your
comments were concerned.

Jim Coleman, Sr.