Waterborne finish

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 15:11:38 -0400

I just finished spraying sealer with Pianolac waterbase acrylic.  W O W
Everything is pretty much closed out with only 2 coats (no sanding in between)
and it sands like lacquer sealer. It took not quite two qts to close out a
S&S M.
This material is just coming into production.
Another nice feature is that it is compatible with Mohawk Ultra Penetrating
Stains so a toner can be customized to each finish, just mix it in.

A refinisher friend had tried all water bourne products on the market and
didn't
like them. So he asked a coatings chemist to whip up a formula with his
specs in
mind: Clear, high build, easy sanding, clear, imprint resistent, hard,
clear,  plus
a few others; you get the picture. A refinisher's dream material.

Since production has been in the initial stages and making only what he
needed,
he finally ordered 55 gal drums of chemicals to make quantities.
I haven't tried the clear but he tells me there is no haze or blueing_in
any light_.
That should be coming this week (if the 55's come on Tuesday).

More to come:

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)