Cracked bridges

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:50:01 -0500

About making a template on mylar for new bridge pins:

I am sure this is well known, but I thought I would throw it out
anyway.  When making that pattern, do not place the mylar _on top_ of
the bridge pins and sand through the mylar to form the pattern.  Because
the bridge pins are slanted, you will get a false pattern for drilling
the holes in the new cap.  First remove the old pins, tape the mylar in
position and, with an awl, mark where the _holes_ are.  This will be an
accurate (or at least original) pattern for the new _holes_.

Then count the number of notes you have marked.  Compare that with the
number of notes in each section.  Count and campare again and maybe a
third time.  Be sure *all* notes are accounted for.  :=)

Joel Rappaport
Round Rock, Texas