Action Drying

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Mon, 22 Sep 97 00:43:28

Dear List,
	Folks I'm a little concerned about the heat box method of drying out the action
centers.  It seems to me that if you treat the entire action you may also be affecting
some parts that you don't want affected.  Could not the birdseye become overly loose?
How about the condition of the hammers? What about the aging glue joints? The list
goes on when it seems that the only problem is in the hammer flange centers (usually).
My money is in repinning. No options!  I also seem to find difficulty understanding how
dousing the action centers and surrounding materials with ANY solution won't have a
lasting detrimental effect. It just seems to me that either of these other solutions will end
up effecting more than you really want to affect.  I realize that repinning is sometimes
rather inconvenient but I feel it's the most correct and professional job I can do for my
customers.  I do not wish to judge others for the methods they use but I feel this is the
right choice for me and my customers.  Any comments?
					Respectfully,
						Greg Newell
Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte`