Pianist's

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 22:55:57 -0600

Hi all,

I had occasion yesterday and today to tune for Andre LaPlante (winner first
Sydney  International Piano Competition). I found him very pleasant and most
accommodating. Together we decided what was possible and what was not within
the constraints of the time and budget.

The piano involved is a 1976 Steinway *D* much neglected. It goes for
literally years at a time with only tuning. It also has that *delightful*
teflon acton, which in my particular climate (4% to 84%, every year) is
rarely at it's peak. I keep hammering away at the Hall, but there is never
any money. :(

All in all Andrea is a fine gent. :) Not to mention a good solid player.

I hope others will post their experiences here. It would be wonderful to be
able to search the archives on a pianist's name, to find out whether they
are approachable.
Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com