Damp Action Drying

Sat, 20 Sep 1997 20:09:33 -0700

EugeniaCar@aol.com wrote:

> << LPS#1? >>
> Dear Ralph;
>   Jim Bryant said to tell you that LPS#1 is a closely held secret, but....if
> you promise not to tell anyone I could tell you what it is.  Do you Promise?
> Good as I know that you are a man of your word I will do so.
>  LPS#1 is distilled by Debra Legg in Florida from old used containers of
> pinblock tightener and is used internally by the technician with a sticky
> action.  LPS#1 stands for Leggs Piano Spirits, first class.
>   As Debbie does not have a federal alcohol license she does not want the
> knowledge of her activity in this regard to become known to the general
> populace.
>  So please keep this to yourself and don't let anyone else know !
>   By the way in my opinion it does not work, but if you drink enough you
> won't care....  :-)
> GIna

----------------------

Gina,

I don't know where you got the above information from, but it's all
wrong.

The product is actually a concoction formulated by a consortium made up
of the Lambs’ End Felt Manufacturing Company, the Prickled Pin
Manufacturing Company and the Socketoomie Tool Company. It is the first
in an entire line of products designed to create an increased demand for
the products made by these three companies. It does this by freezing
tight all of the action centers treated with it. The beauty of the
product is that it initially appears to make the action work very well.
This effect lasts long enough for the first few technicians who use the
product to enthusiastically spread the word about how great it is. Then
when hundreds, nay thousands, of actions have been treated with the
concoction, it starts locking them up tight. The only solution is to
rebush and repin all of the action centers thus creating a greater
demand for felt, center pins and the tools with which to install same.

—ddf