glueing controversy

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:03:36 -0400

Richard Moody wrote:

> The FRPins were made oval for a purpose.    On my wish list are oval
> center rail pins. If and only if that would help with with those dog
> leg keys where the bushings on the bass side endures all of the wear.
> In that case they would have to be extra oblong.

There were some pianos that had such but not many.  Lots of problems
with those.

> Richard He bends them forward or backward and then curses those who have Moody.

Have what?

> I actually thought about putting some duct, scuse me gaffers tape on
> the worn side.  Until the client could afford new bushings of
> course...

I have wished for some heat shrink tubing with teflon like qualities to
be use on such.

Alfred Knight had some balance pins that had a Teflon sleeve around them
to help reduce friction at the bushings and at the balance hole.  I do
not know is Knight continues such practice.

> > I know this is treading on sacred toes,
>
>         Good one         so   holy toenails?    ??

Maybe I should have said 'cows' or 'anatomy'.

       Newton
       nhunt@jagat.com