creep creep creep

Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:23:39 -0700

Stephen Birkett wrote:

> ... We are all in agreement that this "creep" strain curve will be
> aymptotic to zero with time...

Actually, no, we are not all in agreement about this. You're the only
person I'm aware of at this time who holds that the creep/stress/time
curve is asymptotic to zero with time. Saying so doesn’t make it so. So
far the actual research data that I’m aware of—albeit after not all that
extensive a search...I do have another life...—supports Hoadley’s
position which is also, I think, consistent with the findings of the
USDA Forest Products Lab.

--ddf