Damp Action Drying

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 06:56:06 -0500

----------
> From: Paul McCloud <smccloud@ix.netcom.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Damp Action Drying
> Date: Friday, September 19, 1997 12:39 AM
Dear Paul,
Any drying procedures on keys and action should be done with them removed
form the piano, I'm sure you knew that.  I would seal the action and keys
in a box with several dampp-chasers and monitor the humidity before you
turn them on in the box and as they stay in the box.  After that I would
lubricate and go after it with a hair dryer aimed only at the centers and
not on high heat.  Then I would try it in the piano after checking key pins
and cleaning and lubing them.
Good luck on a Kimball.
James Grebe