stretching tension

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 01:12:17 -0500

RIGHT ON !!    (Andre,that is slang for "very good")  I used Andre's
name for another reason, not all on this most eurdite (mis-use of the
word perhaps) list subscribes to PTJ, and have a better excuse than
me, like being in a part of the world where PTG doesn't exist, or
English is a third or fourth language.
	But I am happy to hear PTJ might be comming out on CD, at least past
issues so the rest of the world can catch up. (snide remark)  So soon
all of the references to the Journal can be accessed by all. (who
care to)
	BUT the spread sheet thing is most interesting.  I have a few things
on spread sheets and have sent them by email to others and seems they
have been able to download into their SS format.
	The ability of Spread Sheets (SS) to do any calculation imaginable
is making programing obsolete.
	Can we establish a SS forum, or perhaps a segment on the www page?
The worst that has to happen is one has to cut and paste the formulas
into his own spred sheet program.
	So John I would be interested in your string scale spread sheet.  I
am also working on a SS application for string tension, and
down-bearing force.
	I have completed tuning charts involving equal temperament and what
happens if you change any given intervals, and Jim Coleman's Pure
Fifth temperament which I would ask permission before I sent out, and
a few other schemes.
	Anyhow if there is enough of us interested in spread sheet projects,
lets keep in touch at least by email.

Richard Moody

----------
> From: John Hartman <pianocraft@sprintmail.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: stretching tension
> Date: Thursday, September 18, 1997 11:46 PM
>
> Richard
>
> An excellent method for Calculating Downbearing Force is provided
in an
> article written by Patrick Baron appearing in the Piano Technicians

> Journal November 95, page 37.  I have incorporated these
calculations in