"Schnebel"

Robert B Edwardsen edwardsn@mail.rpa.net
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 05:39:19 -0400

>Schnabel the pianist was GREATLY over-rated. My guess is that the same is
>true about pianos being sold under that name, too. Plus I'd be worried
>about the fact that whomever is producing the piano apparently can't even
>spell the name right! JMHO

Hi Les:

The only problem with Schnabel's playing is recordings that were filtered
and compressed in order to turn noisy old discs into a quiet inoffensive
product which totally distorted his playing creating a misleading impression
of Schnabel's pianism Check out the historical recordings on the Pearl label
and you'll hear that Schnabel playing was not sloppy and overpedaled.

Rob Edwardsen
21 Courtenay Circle
Pittsford, NY 14534-2101
716-586-1360