15 note tunings???

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Sun, 14 Sep 1997 22:02:16 +0000

> Date:          Sun, 14 Sep 1997 22:35:31 +0100
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> From:          Barrie Heaton <Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk>
> Subject:       Re: 15 note tunings???

Barrie,

I would imagine that one of the pianos was a 1/4 tone flat to
other?  In that case the pianist did indeed have to have their
timing down.  It almost seems impossible...

Which reminds me of a time in SF when ACT was doing a production
that included the "Devil" himself in some scenes.  They wanted
one piano tuned a 1/4 tone flat to play when the "Devel" was
onstage or referred to.  Very eerie....the switch from A440 to a
1/4 tone flat..

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA