Befuddlement??? -Reply -Reply

Sun, 14 Sep 1997 19:34:29 -0700

Steve Pearson wrote:

> Del and list,
> ...I personally have not tried Titebond II "acoustic(?)".

Titebond II is Titebond II. The word acoustic was simply part of a
confusing sentence that I wrote.

> But I'm just old fashioned
> enough to want a room freshner that smells like hot glue if I abandon an
> old favorite.

If you're used to it and you're have good sucess with it, why change. In
our shop we use MPA II (a commercial version of Titebond II) with just a
bit of shell flour to thicken it up to glue hammers onto
hammershanks--unless I do the job. I still prefer hide glue for this
job. But then I've been doing them that way for about thirty years.

--ddf