dadgum wordin' and reply

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sun, 14 Sep 97 18:27:27 -0000

>  So in conclusion Andre, and in agreement with those infamous
>"carpetbaggers" Gordon and Jon, use any dabgum/dadgum wording you want to.
>Fresh breezes are a welcome comeuppance  at times and the good folk this side
>of the pond will be able to cypher your meaning, cept for yankees and us'ins
>already types real slowlike for them anyways. :-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Jim,

How great to have such helpful friends! By now I am more than convinced that the only place for me to learn proper American English is on the Pianotech list.
First of all I have friends who correct my many mistakes (especially that talented lady overthere somewhere in the west), then there is help from y'all (so sorry Joell) in learning expressions, and lastly, there is the occasional kind explaination from you!
I am sure that when I will be in the US again I can proudly use my recently improved knowledge of the English language!
btw... I recently learned a new expression! and I am so happy to tell you which one it is this time :
"are you pulling my leg"?

Fun! isn't it?

Hope y'all (oops..Joell!) will soon teach me more of that stuff? it makes giggle and happy for days on end!!

Friendly greetings from :

CONCERT PIANO SERVICE
André Oorebeek
Amsterdam, the Netherlands