Fwd: TransOceanic

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Thu, 11 Sep 97 23:23:19 -0400

Sorry about the forward, I had an incorrect address for PTech

One of my pianists is going to Germany in November to pick out a new
Steinway D there. Any thoughts on the best way to ship it back? I've
already been told that container freight is a virtual coffin, and the the
first call is to Lufthansa air freight.

Also somewhere, he'd like to turn up one of the heavy duty canvas moving
covers for it,,you know with the sown leather corners and grip handles.
Elkay movers advised me that they'd dropped it from their catalog after
their source had doubled the price overnight. Another company (Movers
Supply House, Bronx NY) said the new "improved" price was approx. $1400.
Of course the leather handles could be replaced by the rope handles in a
new skid board. Any thoughts? (I may temporarily subscribe to caut@ to
run this by them.

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it" Steve
Forbes, quoting his father, Malcom.