bone, walrus, or ivory

thart thart@tcnet.net
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 19:24:02 -0700

Dear List,

         I would appreciate any information that could be given me that
would help identify the differences between walrus tusk keytops and ivory
keytops.
         I have read articles where reference was made to walrus tusk
used as keytop material  but the exact differences were not mentioned.

         I have a very strong interest in  turn-of-the-century and
pre-1900's grand pianos. Especially the materials of their construction.

         This question is very important to me as I am doing research on
the subject.
         Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to
share.
         Sincerely,

         Michael W. Hart

         thart@tcnet.net