Mason & Hamlin

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 07:32:54 -0500

I just finished a 1931 M&H and used Encore hammers (made by Abel for Wally
Brooks) and it came out beautiful.  I used shanks and flanges from him too,
but used the original whippens since they were in very good shape.  I
suggest you check into the bass strings made in Canada.  (Ari Issac?)
They've been talking about them on this list and I'm going to give 'em a
try next time.  They're a little more $, but we're told it's worth it.
Nothing worse than funky sounding unisons in the bass!  Does it have ivory?
 Mine was an model A with ivory I bleached, sanded and polished.  Satin
black.  Such a beautiful instrument.  Wish I had one.  What model are you
looking at?
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.