'factory'(country?)NON-TECH

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Mon, 08 Sep 1997 19:31:40 -0600

Dear Mr. Foote,
	Please, please, forgive me. (or not) Of COURSE I wasn't saying a
disparaging word. You wouldn't believe me if I told you that just a few
minutes ago I was talking to the owner of the primarily "country" recording
studio, and let him know that the "premier" Nashville
tuner-tech-god-of-the-mix was on this list.
	I know this reply should have gone private, but if anyone else on the list
was offended, get over it! (grin) Actually, the owner had said something
about "good enough for jazz", and I didn't spill pro-tek on his tuning pins
anyway.
	We all are aware that it takes ALL kinds of music (except rap) to make the
world go around, and any jibes at one style or another are made totally
sincerely.

Guy

At 07:19 PM 9/8/97 -0400, you wrote:

>In a message dated 9/8/97 4:23:17 PM, you wrote:
>
><<But since I showed the
>owner a couple of things, like unlevel-out-of-phase-squeaky-knocky-uneven
>notes that shouldn't even be on a country recording, maybe he'll  call me
>back to make that $2000.00 improvement for only $500.00. Oh well...>>
>
>      Now wait a minute!!  I don't know what sort of "country recording" you
>are accustomed to, but  there is very little margin for error in the piano
>with studio and musician costs these days.  You don't need to see many $1,000
>per hour sessions before you begin to take your work seriously.
>Just my .5 cent from Nashville.  (:)}}
>Ed Foote
>Precision Piano Works
>Nashville, Tn.

Guy Nichols, RPT
nicho@lascruces.com
	"Irreversibility is the mechanism that brings order from chaos"
						Prigogine