pitch raises and business sources

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Mon, 01 Sep 1997 11:22:40 -0700

Ralph M Martin wrote:

> Warren and list
>
> In the Gainesville, FL area we have a population of about 135K. 35K are
> university students. There are seven tuners advertising in the yellow
> pages and two more tuners not using them.

Ralph, I'm the only tuner advertising in my home town of Slidell (about
40K).  It's a highly transient 'burb on the other side of New Orleans
inland sea called Lake Pontchartrain.  About 35% of the people who call
me here are just moving into the area.  A lot have serious pitch
problems due to being carted all over the world.  So I get to do a lot
of pitch raises, but I charge a lot for them so I make about 25% more on
my pitch raise time than my tuning time.  I love to do them!

There's about ten in the New Orleans area and 4-5 not advertising

Warren

--
Home of the Humor List
Warren D. Fisher