Thinning hammer shanks,

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 09:20:22 -0700 (PDT)

At 08:36 AM 9/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings all,
>     For some time, I have been taking a file and reducing the wood on the
>last octave or so hammers.  Now,  all this talk about woody sounds and big
>hammer shanks have got me thinking -> Time to get my genius out and build a
>jig to cut hammershanks down.  But wait.......
>     Who out there has been doing this, and what have you found?
>
>Thanks,
>Ed Foote
>( probably going to re-invent a wheel here, but it will be a *good* wheel, I
>hope)

Hi, Ed

There was a good Journal article by Bill Spurlock awhile back about thinning
shanks for the treble using a jig and router. I'll try to dig it up, if you
like.

(I can hardly wait the for CD Rom of the Journal to come out!!)

Yours,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"As long as you have your feet on the ground, your head is perfectly safe in
the clouds."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant