Soundboard Refinishing Query reply

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 10:54:30 -0600

If it were me I would not use stain.  I would finish the board with water
white lacquer (solvent based) or water borne (my preference).  When the
board is grain filled then I would spray on a very light mixture of toning
lacquer until you get an even color and then top coats.  You don't want any
color washing down into the grain of an already blotchy board.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Only my best is good enough"