PLIER VOICING - SURVEY

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 18:00:15 -0700

At 06:24 PM 11/29/97 -0600, you wrote:
>  CAUTION!!  WARNING!! As always- keep brain engaged at all times-
>you can over-do any good thing.. Start low on the shoulder and work up.
>Listen, listen, listen....
>
>Regards,
>
>Lance Lafargue, RPT

List, Lance,

	Thanks for adding that disclaimer, Lance. I've observed this thread with
more than a little bit of apprehension. I can't say how to use plier
voicing, because I don't do it. Mainly because of all the sets of hammers
in our area that need to be replaced due to the efforts of a tech who HEARD
about the technique during a historic temperament class way back before he
learned all there was to know and quit the PTG.
	I'm sure the technique has merit, especially with some of the really hard
hammers..... BUT... you said it: CAUTION!! The destroyed hammers I've come
across can't even be filed, much less ironed or liquid hardened. I mean, he
squoze the BEANS outta them. You can still see the marks. (he used
slip-joint grooved pliers)
	More power to those willing to experiment, I get my adrenaline rushes from
more conventional sources, like driving around within 10 miles of the
border......

Guy
Guy Nichols, Member, PTG
nicho@lascruces.com

              "Not everything that counts can be counted,
               and not everything that can be counted counts."
				                          Albert Einstein