Tuning themes

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 05:39:59 -0700 (MST)

	Ralph,

	For several years now, I have been using a temperament theme of my
own development, which I call The Triad Temperament because I use triads
as tests (lst and 3rd position.)
	From A3, I tune E4, C#4 and D4. Then from D4, I tune A#3. From
A#3, I tune D#4 and F4. From F4, I tune C4. From E4, I tune B3. I now have
a nine note mini-temperament in tune. Then I simply proceed by tuning
downward, using 3rds, 4ths, 5ths and 6ths to the tenor break.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta