voicing or???

Edward Carwithen musicman@eoni.com
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 16:42:50 -0800

I have a yamaha 5'7" grand (E2865531), which I have worked on for a couple
of years.  It's in a church.  The problem now is F4.  It has a different
tone quality than the others around.  I've been back several times, but I
can't seem to solve the problem.  I did voicing, and I checked the level of
the strings, and that they were being struck by the hammer evenly (that
helped, but didn't solve).  I'm kind of stuck.  What else can I do to even
out the tone with the notes above and below.
  Almost sounds out of tune, but the SAT has each string exactly right....
I thought out-of-phase, but not sure how to fix it.  Can anyone give me a
suggestion to try?

Ed Carwithen
John Day, OR
Ed Carwithen