Boston Grands - Reply to Newton Hunt's post

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 08:43:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Newton, Jerry, Hunts all --

Just from curiosity -- You talk about M4, and seem to mean "major 4ths".
>From my checkered past, when I taught music theory for one grueling year,
isn't it "perfect 4ths, 5ths and octaves," and "major thirds, 6ths, 7ths, 2nds?"

Well, enough of being an obnoxious stickler. Have an excellent Thanksgiving.

Susan

At 09:43 AM 11/25/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Newton Hunt wrote:
>>
>> Hello, Jerry,
>>
>> Anyone with my last name HAS _GOT_ to be a good tuner.
><snip>
>
>Newton,
>The first time I saw your name on this list, I knew that I liked you!
>Thanks for the advice. I do have one follow up question. You said "Also
>not that the M6 with an inside M3 contains the M4 A3-D4. You can use
>this fact to evaluate M4 speeds". I understand the M6/inside M3 (F3-D4,
>G3-B3, respetively), and I can see that the M4 A3-D4 fits withing the
>overall interval. My question is, what does one look for in this M4 -
>i.e. what kind of relationsship?
>
>Thanks again.
>
>"Hunts of the world unite!" :o)

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"I know exactly how long it will take me: whatever time is available, plus a
little more."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant