Estonia

Mon, 24 Nov 1997 20:59:12 -0800

Anne Beetem wrote:

> May I pick the minds and opinions, blunt accepted and encouraged, regarding
> the Estonia pianos?  I've seen them advertised by one dealer in the area and
> am curious about their quality.  I'd appreciate hearing from anybody with
> experience with them, or hearsay.
>
> Thanks all!    Anne
> Anne Beetem
> Harpsichords & Historic Pianos

Nothing wrong with them that can't be fixed with a good rebuilding...and I'm more than half serious about that.

The basic structure seemed to be reasonably well done. Detailing was pretty sloppy. Tone was so-so. Regulation and action
work was poor to fair. Stringing ditto.

Like I said. Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a good rebuild. And when I looked at them the price was low enough to make
it almost worthwhile. That was a couple of years ago, though. Haven't seen them recently, though.

-- ddf