Bill's List@aol.whine

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:42:45 -0600

Maybe you need to start a new list called "Bill's List".  That way you can
control what everyone discusses and can reprimand all little people who do
not live up to "Bill's standard".  We've been here before. (every few
months)  This list is ALSO for techs to discuss what they've seen and
experienced each day because, for the most part we are alone all day and
our spouses don't want to discuss (or know about) someone's cracked
plate/WD40 in the action/poor ethics,etc.  YES this a pain in the butt for
SOME people, but not for others.  In your world everyone would live by what
you find acceptable.  In my world it may be different...  Maybe not, but I
won't bitch at others when they don't comply with 100% of my expectations.

I've been on this list for a while, and it's uptight guys like you who clog
this list with ____ and we all get slowed down and angry, and depressed.  I
will not discuss topics by your standards, but those set up by this list.
The majority on this list will determine it's direction and what is
acceptable discussion.  (whether you whine or not)
Have a great weekend!!

Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net

----------
> From: Billbrpt@aol.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Horrible example(s) (flame, offtopic)
> Date: Friday, November 21, 1997 8:11 AM
>
>     I HAVE deleted every piece of mail on this subject, as I deleted
every
> piece on "Do you know this man?"   It just keeps coming back.  There's
> nothing wrong with someone making a flippant comment here or there or
having
> a sense of humor.  Nothing wrong either with discussing an unpleasant but
> distressing problem such as the "Is this honest?" series.  I delete a LOT
of
> this mail, believe me.
>      But why do technicians enjoy talking about and reading about all of
the
> unpleasant details of someone else's bad work and furthermore going to
the
> point of "running the numbers" of the poor scaling?  Don't we have better
> things to do than pine over how bad and untunable a particular piano was?
 Is