HF Miller Rebuild

Anne Beetem abeetem@wizard.net
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:24:31 -0500

At 12:56 AM 11/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Avery:
>
>I think we all assumed that YOU were going to do the rebuilding. If I
>understand the situation now, it goes something like this: The people
>in Wisconsin are asking you advise them whether the price being
>charged by a technician you have never met, and the quality of whose
>work you don't know, to rebuild a piano you haven't seen, is fair and
>reasonable and will result in an instrument which will play and sound
>better than a new K&C grand they are looking at. Is it just me, or does
>it sound like maybe they should be calling one of those 900 Psychic
>Hotline numbers instead?
>
>Les Smith
>lessmith@buffnet.net

They need to talk to somebody who is familiar with the work of a number of
the rebuilders in Wisconsin.    Bill Bremmer does.  Hi Bill.  Bob Hoff (sp?
Hopf?) too, right?  Have them call Tim Farley in Madison.  Between those
three, they will get opinions to sort through. It shouldn't be too hard to
make something play better than one of those new K&Cs though!!!
Anne Beetem
Harpsichords & Historic Pianos