pianotech-digest V1997 #294 reply

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:22:55 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Hi Les,
>
> That lovely scarlet, or gold, cord inside the case was the patented "Lick
> and a Promise" sloppy soundboard perimeter joint hider and general
> dresser-upper. It was a biggie idea from French Lick (and a promise)
> Indiana. It was also, possibly, the prettiest c(h)ord the piano had in it.
> If it had occurred to them, they would have put in two cords for an enhanced
> "duplex" effect. %-)
>
> Ron

A truly inspired post, Ron! I especially enjoyed the "duplex" suggestion,
but I hope that you're aware of all the consternation it's going to be
causing in Indiana. All over, people are going to be hitting themselves
on their foreheads with their hands saying: "TWO CORDS! DAMN, TWO CORDS!
If only we'd thought of that, we'd probably still be building pianos
today!!!" %-)

Les

lessmith@buffnet.net