"Sklar-Pepplar" Heintzman

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 06:17:30 -0700 (MST)

	Maybe this won't be of interest to our US friends:
	Yesterday I tuned a "Sklar-Pepplar" Heintzman 42" upright. I call
it that because, after Heintzman sold out, the company was owned for a
time by the furniture company Sklar-Pepplar. They made quite a few pianos
and, although they weren't bad, they were nothing like the original
Heintzmans.
	The one I tuned yesterday had a strange after-ring. It didn't
occur when I played bass notes, only when I played in the high treble. It
sounded like resonance from unmuted ends of strings, although all the ends
seemed to have stringing felt wound through them.
	Any one have any ideas what the cause might be and how to correct
it?
	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta