Damp Chaser whithout control

Oleg Isaac oleg_i@club-internet.fr
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 01:57:26 +0100

Newton Hunt wrote:

> Hello, Isaac,
>
> I would say yes, this is a prime candidate for a large DamppChaser
> installation, if you think it will be kept plugged in and if you can get
> to the piano NOW for the installation, plus an extra one in the action
> box to free up the action.  It will take two to four weeks for the piano
> to stablize to the new humidity.  The extra one in the action box should
> be removed when you tune it next.
>
> You will most likely need to install three hot long ones under the
> soundboard and one under the keybed behind the lyre.
>
> One control unit for the entire system.
>
> I would also treat the hammer bushings with Protek CLP if you can get
> it.
>
>         Newton
>         nhunt@jagat.com

Hello Newton and all

I have yet 2 25W DAMP CHASER units - I don't know where to get a control
unit there in France.

What about installing (temporary install) them without the control unit
?
Is it very hazardous ? (fire or cracking wood ?)

Is this last avaible in England, Belguium, e.t.c. ?

What kind of mixture is the PROTEK CLP - I am not sure Protek lubes are
avaible here.

I apologize about my STEYNWAY - orthograph.

I must check for the slant of the Bosendorfer treble bridge - I wrote
that by memory and 8° seems a lot.

Any help could answer and so on

Isaac