balance rail holes

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 10:52:29 -0600

Hi,

I had a talk with a model airplane builder today. They frequently screw the
wings on and off their tiny models. The great problem in the past was the
screws would eventually strip. So now the screw hole is treated with very
thin CA glue. The holes wear like *iron*. After some thought, I wonder if
anyone has tried to *stabilize* balance rail holes by putting a drop of CA
glue on the (sometimes soft) wood? It might be a way to significantly extend
the life of a key not to mention stabilizing the size of the hole to avoid
humidity effects.
Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com