Silicon & naptha

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:07:18 -0500

Jerry Hunt wrote:

> I've seen/heard numerous references to using silicon and naptha. Where
> does one find silicon (and in what form), and what is a typical mixture.
>
> Thanks for your help.

DO NOT get any form of silicon near a piano.

Silicon is NOT a lubricant, it is a strain reliever.

Silicon is like dripping a barrel of BBs from the rafter of a warehouse.
They will be all OVER the place in no time.  Silicon travels in every
direction possible and wil get into places like tuning pin holes to
relieve the strain between the pin and the wood.  New pinblock required.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com