Underlever is Under

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:01:52 -0500

Renner USA has the underlever replacement kit. It is simple to construct
an exact duplicate of your system. Unless you have tapered bits, get their
bit for drilling the flange screw holes also.

I recently replaced one on a S&S of that vintage and had minor adjustments
for the tab to clear the sos. rod.  The biggest advantage you will find is the
loss of the thump in the keys caused by the damper pedal holding up the tabs
while the sos. is being disengaged.  The spring loaded tabs eliminate
the interference.
Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)