horrible example

Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:28:49 -0600

Gee Les,

>Gee, Conrad, from the way you describe it, are you sure that the piano
>was really rebuilt? It sounds like the typical, unrestored, original-
>condition Brambach grands encountered in the field all the time. :)
>Sorry, I couldn't resist.
>
>Les Smith

It theoretically was refinished, too. That's harder to describe.

I tend to call it an "alien" rebuild.

The foggy recesses of my mind recall a TV program (Twilight Zone??) where
aliens were abducting earthlings and had made a trap/habitat that they
thought would be comfortable. They patterned it after watching earthling TV.

The earthlings realized it wasn't real when they opened the kitchen cupboard
doors and found only wall. The aliens had never seen them opened, so didn't
know what was supposed to be behind them.

The more I got into this pso, the closer the analogy became.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT		hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu
Luther College Music Technician	pno2ner@salamander.com
Decorah, Iowa 52101		Voice 	(319)-387-1204
				Fax	(319)-387-1076

Cheer up! Nobody's entirely worthless, they can always serve as a horrible
example.