another opinion on "...is this honest"

Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:05:56 -0800

Danny,

While not exactly on point here, it is appropriate to point out that
the state of the industry is pretty poor.  A very reliable source, which
has been ahead of things for many years, told me recently that total
world wide new production was under 200,000 units last year, with
actual sales running well under that.  (Bear in mind that Yamaha's
manufacturing capacity is in excess of 250,000 units per year.)

In that kind of climate, any manufacturer who is selling out even
most of their models, and returning any kind of profit, is not going
to make very many changes in how they do business.

Hmm.  Maybe this is on point, after all.

Best.

Horace

At 10:26 PM 11/13/97 -0600, you wrote:
>JIMRPT@aol.com wrote:
>
>> From my standpoint misrepresentation is misrepresentation and
misrepresentation
>> is wrong,
>> period.  Another word for misrepresentation is lying.
>
>Jim, I must say that I have always held pretty much your same sentiments
about
>College/Symphony/Whatever sales.  However, this debate has caused me to
(gasp)
>have a thought.  It seems the misrepresentation is telling a customer that a
>piano was used for a year in a university setting, charging used or greatly
>discounted prices and then delivering a brand new piano.  I fear that this
may be
>a sad statement about the state of the new piano industry - sales are so
off that
>they have make customers believe they are getting super deals on used
pianos just
>to move new ones????
>
>What's wrong with this picture?
>
>Danny Moore