another opinion on "...is this honest"

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:26:00 -0600

JIMRPT@aol.com wrote:

> From my standpoint misrepresentation is misrepresentation and misrepresentation
> is wrong,
> period.  Another word for misrepresentation is lying.

Jim, I must say that I have always held pretty much your same sentiments about
College/Symphony/Whatever sales.  However, this debate has caused me to (gasp)
have a thought.  It seems the misrepresentation is telling a customer that a
piano was used for a year in a university setting, charging used or greatly
discounted prices and then delivering a brand new piano.  I fear that this may be
a sad statement about the state of the new piano industry - sales are so off that
they have make customers believe they are getting super deals on used pianos just
to move new ones????

What's wrong with this picture?

Danny Moore
Houston Chapter