A Sordid History

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 20:06:21 -0600

Hi All, :)

A Sordid History! Or who says tech data must be boring?

The contenders...

a Wagner G-185 (oh yes...a pretend Young Chang) with humidifier in the room.
The piano is perhaps 10 years old pins are still almost excessively tight.

A Young Chang G-185 with full blown DamppChaser (i.e. 3 drier bars). The
piano is six years old. Pins are very tight.

The History...

Both pianos have been serviced by me for a number of years.

961130 Wagner tuned...A was raised 2.4 cents. Using Reyburn Cyber Tuner

961106 Chang was raised 2.3 cents. Using Reyburn Cyber Tuner

The Use....

The Wagner is rarely played...and then by a well *modest* pianist.

The Chang is practiced on by 2 children and one adult. Suzuki students at
about the five year mark...The adult is a good pianist.

The results? (tunings done 971112)

The Wagner pitch correction was between 6 and 19 cents. (first number at A4,
other *worst* note.) (humidifier active)

The Chang pitch correction was between 2 and 11 cents. (first number at A4,
other *worst* note.) (humidity in room 32%)

Clearly this indicates to me that Damppchasers work on Grand pianos. If
anything the Wagner which is a fair bit older has the *tighter* tuning pins.
Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com
3004 Grant Rd.