speeding upright repetition

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:58:44 +0000

Talk to Jack Wyatt in Garland, TX. He did a tech at our September
chapter meeting called "Turbocharging the Upright" that deals with doing
just that: adjusting the position of the action so that you can get
repetition out of it. It basically involves tilting the action forward
which changes the plane of contact between the jack and the butt. This
will obviously require compensating lost motion, dip, etc.; and finally
bending the action bracket to compensate for change in down weight. (I'm
relying on my memory here).

Two things I recall Jack emphasizing very strongly regarding this
procedure:
1) It is an advanced procedure not to be attempted by beginners (like
me).
2) Charge a lot of money for it, because it adds considerable value to
the piano.

Give Jack a call at 972-278-9312 for details.