Practice Room Problems

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:46:25 +0000

Avery Todd <atodd@uh.edu> psted:
------------------------------
List,

   Do any of you college techs have a good way for the students to
notify
you when there is a problem with a piano?...
________________________

Avery, list,

On verticals I created a request on cardstock (3 1/2" x 8 1/2"),
laminated it, put my phone number on it, and used double-stick scotch
tape to attach it to the piano (upper right or left corner, out of the
way of music books).

It reads something like, "If you find any notes sticking, pedals that
don't work, strings that break, please call (insert name & telephone #)
and leave a message.  It will be repaired ASAP.  Thank you!

This has worked reasonably well.  The most important thing is to follow
through with the repair ASAP.  The word gets around campus very quickly
when you don't.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician