One of those silly questions...

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 08:26:06 +0000

There have been several other posts which address the grammatically
correctness of this issue. However, I would like to add one further
observation. Sometimes, when an acronym looks like a regular word,
people pronounce the acronym like that word, rather than saying each
individual letter. So, if one were pronouncing "SAT" as the word sat (as
in "I sat on my hat"), then it would be "a SAT", which rhymes with "a
cat".
Hmmmm, theres a catchy idea: "The cat with a SAT comes back...." [move
over Dr. Seuss]