One of those silly questions...

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Sun, 09 Nov 1997 16:57:56 -0700 (MST)

Hi Michel:

I think your English is perfectly good. This seems to depend upon how
the writer thinks in his own mind when he writes: A SAT or whether he
writes An SAT. We commonly refer to the Sanderson AccuTuner in an abrev.
form like S. A. T., so linguistically we would say: "an Ess Aye Tee".
But if we were thinking of letting one word represent the Sanderson
Accu Tuner like SAT, pronounced " sat", like I sat in a chair, then it
would be proper to write: a SAT. I don't think any of us can claim to
see how the writer views this term in his own mind since we are not
clairvoyant, and cannot tell which way the writer is thinking
linguistically, we should extend a bit of a gracious attitude toward the
writer.

Patience is needed on the part of us all since without voice inflection
we cannot always guess what a writer really is saying.

Jim Coleman, Sr.