after ring

Travis L Gordy tgordy@horizon.hit.net
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 23:00:38 -0600

Leslie: If its worth it to the customer you might try stripping the bass
and tenor sections between the bridge and hitch pins. Getting the stripping
cloth weaved through the tenor section under the bass strings I find easy
to do with small tweasers that have curved tips.

I have a delighful memory of Leopold Stokowski shouting out "Get that piano
stripped this afternoon",  during rehearsal of Carmina Burana with the
Houston Symphony for recording by Capital Records.  I was not the
technician, just singing in the chorus.

Travis Gordy