SAT users

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Thu, 06 Nov 1997 23:08:46 -0700 (MST)

Hi David:

Yes, you could do this, but it will make the 3rds more uneven and
could make the single octaves narrow. My personal preference is to
go the other way in order to have those lowest plain strings fit
better with the double and triple octaves, even at the expense of
widening the single octave. Also it helps to keep the 5ths from
being too narrow. The main thing that it hurts is the minor 3rds
and minor 6ths, but you can't fix it all.

Jim Coleman, Sr.