Set-up New Shop

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 22:36:52 -0500

Go to a used office equipment store and buy steel shelving and
uprights.  The setup time is MUCH shorter, the cost is well below cost
of lumber and plywood and they are easy to reconfigure when needful, and
you can take them with you when you move to another facility.

Wharehouse shelving is also available in all kinds of lengths and
widths.  Two foot widths should be the widist.  Wider than that eats up
too much floor space and there is little that would require that kind of
depth.

If you have exposed joists consider installing an attic for storage.

One wall can hold upper shelves and pegboard to hold all the little
tools you need while working.

Clare Davies is the most organized person I know of.  Call him and get
his advise.  At Rugters I organized my shop to be a little inefficient
to force me to move about and get some excersize.

If you can, put your air compressor outside.

Have fun!

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com