Disgruntled list members (long)

Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:55:39 -0700

Warren, & Joel, et al,

Warren's solution is one which I have used for years.  My own experience
with the inverted capstan solution is that folks seem to have a decided
tendency to drive these things  to Chicago.  This is bad enough, if you
happen to be in Skokie, but, from LA, it's a disaster.

>What about using a  hex head lag screw or a large flat-headed machine
>bolt with the business end rounded off on the grinder to give you fine
>contol as well as a broad contact surface?
>
>What'cha think?

My preference is to use the lag screw, as it can (usually) be more easily
adjusted without removing any trapwork.

I use the felt stop-block method referred to in another post whenever
possible, however, in preference to the above.

Horace

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

	"Always forgive your enemies,
		nothing annoys them so much.