Clean Rags

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 11:00:59 -0500 (EST)

At 12:28 PM 3/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
 >Just read a post about using clean, dry rags.
 >In my area, I can buy a large bag of clean, white, cotton rags for about
 >$5.00 from Goodwill Industries stores.  These are great, the price is right
 >and it's a most worthy cause.
 >Just thought this might be useful to the list.
 >Cheers
 >Dick Day
 >Marshall MI

<< Good find, I have found these mostly to be interspersed with different
 fabrics. Not much cotton, a lot of synthetics. Old, discarded children's
 pajamas, jerseys and what not which are 'pilled' and do not absorb well.
 Good, clean, lint free rags are worth their weight in gold paper towels.
 Jon Page
 Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)

Jon--my store allows me to to specify cotton.  I get a garbage bag full of
white, clean, cotton rags.  Try it in you area.  If they don't do it, it
would be well for them to consider the service and advertixe the fact.  The
store here does a good business in these.

Dick Day