discounts

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 09:09:01 -0600

----------
> From: Mike Imbler <MIKE-IMBLER@worldnet.att.net>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: discounts
> Date: Saturday, March 29, 1997 10:13 PM
>
> At 11:22 PM 3/29/97 +0000, you wrote:
> >I agree,
> >	We should not give discounts for what should be considered as normal
> >maintenance.  I would rather charge more for people who don't tune as
often
> >as they should.

Dear Mike,
	There are not many places that tune their instruments 4 times a year or
more except institutions.  I find that I still spend the same amount of
time whether the piano is just a little out of tune compared to a lot.  It
still takes sounding the notes and moving the hammer to all the pins that
take a certain amount of time.  Whether you move the pin a little or a lot
it still takes the time.  I actually prefer tunings that are badly out of
tune compared to just a little. Driving time to and from remains the same
also whether or not you were there 2 months ago or 6 months ago. Am I
wierd.
Regards ,
James Grebe from St. Llouis