Service Vehicle

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 21:57:43 -0700

At 09:50 PM 3/27/97 -0500, Del wrote:

>What do you use as a service vehicle?  What do you like and/or dislike
>about it?

My favourite daily vehicle has always been the Volvo station wagon. Mine is
a 1980 245 DL with a roll-type fabric cover over the back to hide tools from
sight. I've retired it now in favour of a Dodge Caravan, which I may retire
for a Ram van (a minivan with steel sides). New Volvos have gotten too
expensive, but I may just have mine rebuilt since like a fine piano, Volvos
are quite rebuildable.

>As a mini-van costs about $10,000 more than a small pickup is it worth the
>added expense?

I REALLY like the Caravans, actually. Although the Volvo has more prestige,
the minivan has a GREAT view when you're driving around and is a little
cheaper to run. The steel sided minivans give you a little more security and
are cheaper than the passenger versions.  You have to remember that a
minivan is NOT a truck... The Dodge/Plymouth are just K-cars with different
bodies and are very light duty.

>As a side note:  In the summer I quite often do routine tunings on my
>motorcycle.  Last summer I got a Honda Gold Wing and a trailer for it.

<sigh>  Must be nice... I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time with it!

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com